Who We Are:
Set to launch in Feb 2021, AMAKA Studio (AMAKA) is a London-based multimedia digital publisher that develops and curates nuanced topics ranging from fashion, beauty, entertainment, politics, social issues, innovation, entrepreneurship and arts and culture, by and for women from Africa and the African diaspora. We are cultural change makers, devoted to providing a platform that highlights the diversity and dynamism of Pan-African womanhood.
What We Do and What We Bring:
AMAKA adopts a multidisciplinary and cross cultural approach to content creation, storytelling and editorial narratives, offering our audience in-depth captivating stories that represent various Afro-diasporic women communities. Through immersive URL and IRL experiences, AMAKA is devoted to cultivating a sense of community, unity and collaboration amongst creatively driven and culturally dynamic women.
AMAKA is looking for a Digital Marketing and Public Relations Manager to work at an exciting new startup, to lead and develop promotional strategies for the AMAKA brand. The ideal candidate possesses strong digital marketing and PR communication skills, to build and retain a loyal AMAKA community. You are an excellent collaborator and team player, with the ability to work independently, as well as increase the growth and visibility of the AMAKA brand. You are never afraid to speak your mind and you are interested in developing a passionate and transformative brand that is devoted to the advancement of Africa’s women around the world.
What You Will Do:
- Work closely with the CEO and the Editorial Director to develop digital marketing and PR campaigns to strategically build the brand awareness of the AMAKA brand.
- Initiate content and social media planning and management to build AMAKA’s social media following as well as drive traffic to AMAKA’s platform.
- Develop and execute social media and digital marketing strategies with AMAKA's creative partners.
- Lead and manage the execution of AMAKA’s affiliate marketing programmes.
- Acquire new business partners to grow AMAKA’s affiliate programmes.
- Initiate and execute new campaign ideas and incentives for the affiliate programmes.
- Lead the execution of AMAKA’s omni-channel digital marketing strategies to achieve maximum ROI and business growth. (Primarily focused on SEO and Affiliates, but also across PPC, retargeting and programmatic display advertising and Paid Social.).
- Carry out end-to-end digital marketing and PR campaigns from planning, strategy, budget distribution, campaign/content setup and activation, day-to-day optimization and reporting.
- Prepare promotional and organizational documents to build long term relationships with AMAKA’s internal and external stakeholders.
- Draft press releases and media kits as well as pitch stories to media outlets to promote the AMAKA brand.
- Develop talent and influencer relationships for event activations, as well as marketing and public relations campaigns.
- Work closely with relevant journalists, bloggers and other media influencers to increase the visibility of the AMAKA brand.
- Regularly research and source partners/influencers, create relationships and maintain a database of online and offline contacts.
- Attend media industry events and conferences alongside the CEO to promote and market the AMAKA brand and build external media relationships.
- Address inquiries from Media entities and business partners.
- Perform market, consumer and competitive research and develop reports to define target consumers, identify key trends and analyze findings.
- Develop KPIs and monitor success.
- Highlight, report and present monthly marketing performance and PR strategies to AMAKA’s team.
- Research and understand regional social media and digital marketing trends across key African and Afro-diasporic markets to localise campaigns to improve relevance.
What You Bring:
- At least 4-5 years of professional experience in social media, digital PR, digital marketing or a related role
- Prior experience in media, publishing, digital/advertising agency or entertainment field.
- Bachelor’s degree in digital marketing, strategic communications, business development or a related field.
Strong interest, knowledge and passion for African and Afro-diasporic pop cultures as well as current cultural, political, social and creative trends and affairs across Africa and the African Diaspora.
- Strong expertise and knowledge of digital advertising, media planning, PR strategy, affiliate marketing and email marketing.
- Experience in developing marketing and publicity strategies for experiential, print and digital platforms.
- Ability to lead and develop digital marketing, social media and PR strategies towards growth.
- Experience with using analytical data to plan, implement and monitor paid search, paid social and programmatic campaigns.
- Strong understanding and experience with social media platforms (primarily Instagram, Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter and Youtube).
- Experience with Google Analytics and social media analytics platforms (on-site or through platforms such as Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, Sprout Social etc)
- Experience pitching to Media
- Strong copywriting skills
- Possess exceptional leadership skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation and partnering skills.
- Possess strong critical and analytical skills.
- Strong proficiency in keynote, powerpoint, MS office and google suite.
- Ability to lead and work in a start-up environment.
Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills.
Please send your CV and/or portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org