Blavity, Inc. is a venture-funded technology and new media company founded in 2014 around a simple idea: enable black millennials to tell their own stories. Today, we are home to the largest network of platforms and lifestyle brands serving the multifaceted lives of Black millennials & gen-z through original content, video, and unique experiences. The company has grown into a market leader for Black media, reaching over 80 million millennials per month through our growing brand portfolio, which includes: Blavity News, 21Ninety, AfroTech, Travel Noire, and Shadow & Act. Assembled of passionate, high-energy, and focused rock-stars, our Blavity, Inc. team executes with our values at the forefront of mind: Love of Community, Transparency and Communication, Collective Responsibility, Fail Fast. Blavity, Inc. is continuously looking for new team members to help us continue to scale, cultivate our community, and advance our strategic direction.
Blavity Inc. is seeking an Associate Creative Director to manage creative and production projects from concept to completion. The Associate Creative Director is responsible for developing and transforming ideas into innovative solutions, leading creative teams, and ensuring client objectives are met. This Full-Time role is part creative producer; part leader. To be successful, this Associate Creative Director will need to be a creative powerhouse with the ability to motivate and direct a team in the design and production of best-in-class creative sponsored campaigns across Blavity Inc.’s ecosystem of digital platforms. The ideal candidate is a proactive creative who can take and give direction, lead by example, and seamlessly shift gears from day-to-day iterative work as well as grandiose campaigns that set the vision of the future.
This role will report directly to the VP of Brand.
* Lead creative direction and manage a creative project life cycle, ensuring fulfillment from start to finish
* Support the VP of Brand with the execution of campaign concepts, strategies, and client presentations
* Attend kickoff, internal reviews, and client status meetings as necessary to understand client needs and translate those needs, in partnership with account managers, into creative briefs.
* Manage expectations collaboratively with account management and creative departments
* Ensure the quality of creative assets by reviewing them for accuracy and alignment with the project brief.
* Manage creative reviews with and organize asset approvals from executives, account managers, and clients
* Track/monitor job progress, including milestones, to meet deadlines
* Work with all account managers and VP of Brand to balance workloads of cross-functional teams based on team member bandwidth, capability, and client project priorities
* Proactively anticipate and resolve project roadblocks or delays to move projects forward
* Other duties as assigned
* Years of Experience: 5+ years of digital agency experience
* Management Experience: 3+ years of management experience
* Education: Bachelor’s degree in fine art, graphic design, or similar discipline
* Technology: * Proficiency with design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite
* Proficiency with project management and project management software such as Asana
* Exceptional capability with typography, layout, and prototyping
* Highly skilled with leading a team of creative talent
* Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives
Details: This is a Full-Time remote position that may require attendance to ad hoc meetings out of our DTLA office.
To apply, please submit a portfolio online at BlavityInc.com/Careers.
Blavity is committed to creating a diverse environment free of discrimination and harassment and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Blavity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, HIV Status, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.