Brands have long come to The Atlantic for the same reasons our readers do: our credibility built up over 163 years, our editorial sensibility, and our uncommon perspective. We think beyond traditional advertising campaigns to develop deep, best-in-class partnerships that drive tangible value for the brands we work with.
We are seeking a Senior Creative Strategist to lead to join our award-winning marketing team.
The Senior Creative Strategist is responsible for developing smart, compelling proposals—from the overarching strategy, creative concepts, and narrative to the final client-facing deliverable. This essential role requires someone who is equal parts problem-solver and skilled storyteller.
The ideal candidate is a "swiss army knife" that can work swiftly, yet thoughtfully. They will identify and bring to life (via a proposal) the best possible solution for our clients from across multiple disciplines: creative, media, events, sponsorships, research, etc.
Creative Strategists work in close daily collaboration with the Partnerships team and report into the Director of Creative Strategy.
What you’ll do: Your most important job is to own the proposal. Here’s what that means:
* Creative Ideation: Lead brainstorms and answer RFPs with big, unexpected ideas that draw upon solutions from across The Atlantic’s full-service agency, media company, creative studio, and live events group.
* Strategy Development: Deeply understand the client’s objective and target audience and identify what tools you can use (or create!) to both creatively and strategically, solve their challenges in a way that’s unique to The Atlantic.
* Ownership of the Deliverable: Craft a persuasive narrative to articulate what we’re proposing and most importantly, why. The deliverable can take shape as a proposal, one-sheet, presentation deck, storyboard, client email, etc.
As a function of the role, you will also:
* Multi-task across simultaneous projects and tight deadlines, collaborating with appropriate team members along the way
* Work cross-functionally with sales, planning, and brand marketing in proposal concepting and strategy development
* Be exposed to a broad range of brands and accounts across automotive, tech, entertainment, healthcare, consulting, financial services and more
* Join high-level meetings with sales and pitch to clients as necessary
* Write...a lot! * Be supported by a team of creatives, producers, sellers and media experts who will work with you collaboratively to create your best work
Who you are:
* A lifelong learner. You like learning a little bit about a lot of different things and are comfortable working beyond your primary skill set and comfort zone.
* A curious thinker. You want to know the why behind the ask and you want to understand how things work together. You keep a pulse on what's happening in our industry and in broader culture.
* Biased towards action. Big-thinking is not enough for you. You take action to see your ideas move forward.
* An exceptional communicator and listener. You have a natural ability to craft persuasive arguments both verbally and in writing.
* A strong analyst and strategist. You understand how and when to use relevant research, insights and/or data to inform and bolster your creative ideas.
* A collaborator. This role is 50% solo “thinking and making” work and 50% teamwork. You are comfortable working independently, but enjoy collaborating with others to get the job done. (i.e. sharing ideas, giving and receiving feedback, seeking out answers, etc.)
* Imperfect. We don’t expect anyone to walk into this job and know everything on their first day, we expect you to be the kind of person who’s curious enough to learn what they don’t know. We’re looking for someone who can grow into this role and out of it.