At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world. As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
We are seeking an Executive Director to lead the first-ever NBA Foundation, a public 501(c)(3) charity dedicated to creating greater economic empowerment in the Black community! We seek someone with significant experience leading operations of a nonprofit or similar organization, including program and grants management, financial investments, fundraising, marketing, communications and organizational design. You will report to the NBA President of Social Responsibility and Player Programs (SRPP) and work closely with the Board of Directors and Officers to drive the mission, while leading and executing strategic priorities. As Executive Director, you will manage a team of Program Grant Managers, Administrators and Interns.
Is this something you are passionate about and want to build with us? If so, we want to hear from you!
* Lead strategic development, creation and implementation of resources and administration of grants and programs that help drive economic empowerment in the Black community and other diverse communities.
* Establish and manage organizational goals, define performance metrics, track program performance and efficiency, identify audience, and ensure all services are in compliance with standards and regulations.
* Design and implement a fundraising, marketing and communications plan that focuses on and ensures long-term success.
* Partner with key NBA constituents to ensure accurate governance and operations.
* Work with internal and external legal counsel to ensure that agreements, governance practices and policies are detailed, updated and consistently in place.
* Develop and institute a budget, financials and business planning processes, while ensuring integrity of the Foundation’s financial health.
* Build positive relationships and communication with all 30 NBA teams to ensure strong locally-implemented grants and partnerships in team markets.
* Serve as a strategic advisor to philanthropic endeavors and provide recommendations that will help deepen the NBA’s commitment to racial equality and social justice.
* Develop and oversee all grants/proposals, communicate Foundation strategy and dedication to the community, foster new grants and align focus on new fundraising opportunities and relationships for the NBA and the Foundation. * Demonstrate positive relationship management and effective communication to provide timely responses and information vital for the Board to function and make informed decisions.
* Represent the Foundation in meetings with grantees, donors, the media, members of the community and/or various speaking engagements and conferences.
* Develop positive relationships partners including NBA staff, NBA team staff, National Basketball Players Association, players, legends, coaches, donors and leadership within public organizations.
* Demonstrated organizational leadership and management of a team to achieve financial and educational objectives of the Foundation.
* Ability to partner and effectively work with boards of charitable organizations and executive leadership.
* Proven track record and credibility managing operations and maintaining relationships with senior executives in a nonprofit organization.
* Innovator and idealist with ability to foster a diverse environment.
* Strong negotiation skills, interpersonal savvy and proven organizational and political agility.
* Results/action-orientation; project management skills.
* Knowledge of client groups and/or issues related to the program area.
Desired Educational Background:
* Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law. Nearest Major Market: Manhattan Nearest Secondary Market: New York City Job Segment: Manager, Marketing Communications, Communications, Compliance, Relationship Manager, Management, Marketing, Legal, Customer Service