Telling the stories and thoughts of Black & Latinx people in tech.
Launched in August 2015, POCIT tells the stories and thoughts of ‘people of color’ in the technology. We feature articles and interviews from individuals across the industry, from startup founders, venture capitalists to junior developers. Our POCIT Weekly newsletter, is a weekly roundup of all things Black and Brown in tech. It has over 12000 weekly subscribers. In May 2017, we launched a sister brand not just to tell the stories of POC in tech but to create new ones. pocitjobs.com is a recruitment platform that helps connect people of color with jobs in tech and startups.
What you'll do!
* Ensure our Twitter/Instagram/Facebook followers have engaging content to read throughout the week. Use past data to inform what to post as well as instinct.
* Help create and curate our weekly 'POCIT Weekly' email newsletter. Source articles across the web. Create the newsletter in Mailchimp.
* Contribute to ideation around article topics, and write at least three articles per month.
* Search for best practices from other media companies/platforms and integrate it across our social media and content strategy!
* Use audience insights from Google Analytics to ensure POCIT's messages are strategic, accessible, and compelling across channels.
* Help discover new content to re-share on peopleofcolorintech.com. Foster relationships with external writers and get permission to repost great content.
* Conduct analysis over what content is working on social media and the site.
* Help our enterprise partners by organizing sponsored content.
The role is full-time and is remote based [United Kingdom].
* A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a content role
* Strong familiarity with all social platforms (Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, Buffer & Facebook)
* Familiarity with Mailchimp and WordPress
* Self-motivated & proactive (ability to take the initiative without needing a lot of direction)
* Attention to detail & excellent written communication skills
* Ability to work remotely & maintain self-organization
* A passion for technology, the tech industry in general, as well as diversity!